When you visit Malviya Nagar, you will find all kind of shops. The market is not overpriced so you will see all kinds of people roaming around the market. There no cars allowed inside the lane, so walking freely is easy.
- Moti Sweets: This is the best thing ever happened to Malviya Nagar. It serves some of the best, and most authentic sweets that includes its very own Ras Malai and Moti Choor ke Ladoo. If you’re watching your waistline, be sure to order up the sugar free Kulfi Faluda.
- Grilled Sandwich: The grilled sandwich of Prakash Bakery is the best I have ever had. It is simple yet tasty. Just thinking about the cheesy layer, and the way it is perfectly cooked makes it hard for me to keep from running out for one right now.
- Chaat Corners: There are two chaat corners here in Malviya Nagar. One is right opposite Moti Sweets and the other is famous Shree Ram Sweets, which now only serves chaat. They both have something special. Gol gappe of the chaat corner opposite Moti is truly something you won’t like to miss as the Puri they serve fits perfectly in your mouth, and the Tikki chaat of the Shree Ram Sweets might be the best you’ve ever had.
- Mushroom Tikka: We all know this is one of those dishes you’d only think of ordering at some fancy establishment, but here’s a place where you will get this totally grilled and authentic on the street of Malviya Nagar. The mushrooms almost melt in your mouth which is truly awesome. Find it at the corner of the Moti Sweets lane.
- Momo’s: There are more than 40 momo counters in Malviya Nagar. I believe it is the largest in Delhi. My vote for the best momo is the one right near to the Mother Dairy near Shree Ram sweets.